Nigel Davenport is absolutely passionate about the Timaru District, the wider South Canterbury region and all it they have to offer. As the newly appointed Chief Executive of Aoraki Development, he is sharing with us the role Aoraki Development plays in driving Economic Development in our district. With Aoraki Development’s key focus being to promote the Timaru District as “THE Place to Live and do Business” – the three clear pillars of priority within this are:
- Actively Attract & Assist the establishment of NEW BUSINESS,
- Assist business to Attract & Retain a skilled workforce, and
- Encourage new Opportunities and facilitate the growth of EXISTING BUSINESS.
In addition to his role as Chief Executive for Aoraki Development, Nigel is also heavily involved in local business and the community via his roles as Independent Chairman of Scarlett Hydraulics Ltd, Independent Advisory Board Chairman of 100% Pure New Zealand Honey Ltd, Trustee of Sport Canterbury and Trustee of the Aoraki Sports Persons Charitable Trust (ASPECT). His passion and enthusiasm for this great district of ours is infectious.
Ideas and Topics Discussed in This Episode:
- What does Aoraki Development actually do?
- How can they help new businesses?
- Three key pillars.
- Low hanging fruit.
- How can the community help Aoraki Development drive growth in South Canterbury?
- Email Nigel: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Or call 03 6872682
Reviews Help a Ton!
Thanks for joining us this week. If you have any tips, suggestions, or comments about this episode, please be sure to leave them in the comment section below.
If you enjoyed this episode, please share it using the social media buttons you see at the bottom of the post. Thank you!
And finally, please leave an honest review for The South Canterbury Advice Givers Podcast on iTunes! Ratings and reviews are extremely helpful and greatly appreciated! They do matter in the rankings of the show and I read each and every one of them.